For individuals in the Denver, CO area, treatment for psychosis and schizophrenia-related concerns can help in the healing process. Dr. Cole provides specialized, evidenced-based therapy for psychosis and related conditions.
If you would like to schedule a free consultation, please call Dr. Cole at 720-675-7918 or email at email@example.com.
What is Psychosis/Schizophrenia?
The effects of psychosis/schizophrenia can be serious and are capable of affecting any person. Although many associate symptoms of psychosis with genetic predispositions only to be treated medically, there is a strong body of evidence that psychotic phenomena may develop as an adaptation or process of attempting to deal with unbearable experiences, which opens these concerns to being treated psychologically.
Although psychosis/schizophrenia may look different for each person, here are a few signs and symptoms to look for:
- Hearing or seeing things that other people do not see or hear (sometimes referred to as hallucinations)
- Unusual sensory experiences
- Feeling isolated and aliened from others
- Incoherent speech or speech that changes topics with little continuity
- Lack or emotional expression or purposeful activity
- Having beliefs that others find bizarre or strange
Dr. Cole’s Approach to Psychosis/Schizophrenia
I have spent a great deal of time working with those who have experienced a great deal of trauma and disconnection, from military settings to college campuses and inpatient hospitals. My approach to helping those with these experiences is to help you engage with your emotional experience in a safe way so that the severity of those symptoms and feelings can be relegated to the past, paving the way to a more positive and enlivening life.